Volunteering is a wonderful way to help out and get connected with your local community. Whether you volunteer your time and talents to help those in need, improve the environment, or be a mentor or friend for someone, you not only help those around you but you are also supporting yourself at the same time. Studies show that volunteering relieves stress, improves confidence, is linked to decreased depression and gives a sense of purpose.
Volunteers at Cedar Grove are invited to assist with a planned activity or plan your own activity. Below are examples of activities we currently need volunteers for:
- Church Services: All worship services including weekly Sunday church services and Catholic mass, We need approximately 10 volunteers each week.
- Concerts: Volunteers are welcome to perform for our residents throughout the year. We try to feature 10 concerts a month, with about 12-20 volunteer performers per month.
- Game Night/Afternoon: Twice a month, approximately 8 volunteers are needed.
- Storytelling: Once a week we invite a volunteer to read a story.
- Bowling: We need two volunteers once a week.
In addition to these already active volunteers, new volunteers are always welcome. For more information about how you can sign up, contact us at 304-424-6023 or at our online contact form.
Here are other volunteer opportunities within the greater Parkersburg area:
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of the Mid-Ohio Valley welcomes volunteers ages 16 and older. Volunteers are needed for construction, as well as special events and require no previous experience.
Phone: (304) 422-7907
CASA for Children
If you are looking to help children in need, volunteering with CASA may be the perfect opportunity for you. CASA volunteers communicate with foster children, as well as everyone involved in the foster child’s life to provide information to judges to determine the best residence for the child. While no previous experience is necessary, all volunteers are required to pass background checks and go through training.
Phone: (304) 422-3390
Local Girl Scout Troops can always use the assistance of a volunteer. If you are interested in community service and being a mentor, you should consider volunteering with the girl scouts. Volunteers are needed to help lead troops, manage special events, supervise field trips, and cookie sales.
Phone: (304) 345-7722
If you are aware of other organizations that need volunteers near our Cedar Grove assisted living community, please contact us.